The December Consumer Price Index (CPI) data was just released and it shows a 7% annual inflation rate. That’s the highest inflation in 40 years. Households are starting 2022 from a precarious position. Their excess savings from the stimulus programs are gone.
The cost of living is skyrocketing. And interest rates are heading up — which may trigger a market correction and possibly also a recession.
List of articles discussed in this RTD Live Talk:
- JPMorgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon says bank won’t pay its unvaccinated workers
- Unvaccinated Air Guardsmen to Lose Pay, Benefits
- IKEA to cut sick pay for unvaccinated workers forced to self-isolate
- Quebec to impose a ‘significant’ fine on unvaccinated residents
- These Countries Are Slapping the Unvaccinated With Fines and Bans
- Inflation rises 7% over the past year, highest since 1982
- US Consumer Prices Soar At Fastest In 39 Years, Real Wages Tumble For 9th Straight Month
- Biden says inflation report shows progress in slowing down runaway prices
- Jeffrey Gundlach Sees ‘Recessionary Pressure’ Building With Inflation
- Shoppers ‘astounded’ by thinning grocery store supplies: ‘It’s just empty shelves’